[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question on the WDA

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, TISHW@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:51:33 -0700 (PDT)

It does.
  Thank you.
  Terry
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx wrote:
        In a message dated 8/13/2007 4:59:43 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
TISHW@xxxxxxx writes:
  Can the WDA split from  the parent club and become independent of the GSDCA
and  recognized by  the AKC?  Does the World Union recognize the GSDCA as the
only GSDC   in the USA at this point in time?  Was the WDA formed as a
requirement to  belong to the World Union?

   The GSDCA was the first foreign club to be invited to join the World Union
thanks to Julius and Ann Due The WDA was formed long after that to combat the
SchUSA. WDA wanted to be and was for many years  a committee of the
GSDCA,having their meetings at the same weekend as ours and most of the time
their Board came to our Board meetings and then our Board went to theirs They
were a small Group then and most of us joined to enlarge the club to help out.
They held their Seiger Show at the same time as the GSDCA in Tempe
Arizona--only two blocks away, I was President then and wanted the AKC  to
recognize the Working Dog aspect of our club. I had their Judge sit at the head
table at the annual dinner,and get up and speak about theirShow trial,like the
rest of  the Judges. Carmen followed me as the next President and immediately
separated them from the GSDCA as a liaison instead of a committee,because he
was afraid of the bite work. Presently they are our representation for
 team competition. And the WDA team built itself up over the years with the
GSDCA's help with last year reaching the top . Wonderful accoplishment. Hope
this helps-- Helen Miller Fisher