[ SHOWGSD-L ] question on pregnant bitches not eating-

  • From: cheradongsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 14:52:38 -0400

?I sent this on Sat nite and I guess it never went through???
so I am sending it again.?

Hello,

Just wanted to know why so many bitches stop or almost stop eating for a week
or so when they are about 3 weeks pregnant.???? Most of my girls are hogs--and
Cutie is no exception-but she is now pregnant, I am sure, and for the past week
has just been picking at her food both morning and night-and she is usually a
very good eater.? I know this is common and usually a sure sign that the bitch
IS pregnant--but I want to know, does anyone know WHY they do this??? And does
it have any other indications about the pups or health or whatever??? Of course
I have been giving her vitamins--and she drinks normal--and if I hand feed
her-she will eat some of it-but it is so frustrating when she wont eat all her
food.? Tonight for the first time in a week she decided she was hungry and ate
all her supper and some yogurt and chewed on a good beef bone---and all of a
sudden, tonight, for the first time, I can look at her and say to myself, "She
definately does LOOK pregnant now."

Any ideas??

Thanks,

?

?

Cheri Hunt----Cheradon Shepherds
Home of Ch. Cheradon AchtungErynbrook Molokai, TC, OFA H&E, PA,TH,CA, Eyes
Cert. and Certificate of Health Merit Excellent from the GSDCA (aka Ch. Mikey)
Ch. Mikey