[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question on meat grinders vs. NOT grinding

  • From: cheradongsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:44:09 -0400

Thanks to all who ans my email about getting an inexpensive meat grinder-I do
already feed raw and cooked meat.? I buy the 10 # bags of chicken leg quarters
at Walmart and I do cook them up in a big pot-but ONLY as I would do for my own
eating-just cook until done.? I take the 2 leg bones and that little pointy
other bone that is in the drumstick out and leave the rest of the back bones
in-then I put the whole mess with the broth in a big plastic jug in the
fridge.? That is what all my dogs get every morning with their kibble.?
(Diamond Lamb and Rice).? At 5 am I am not fussing with raw meat and this
works.? Been doing this for about 25 years.?
At night they get what ever I can afford to buy-chicken. beef, or pork liver,
some ground beef, or organ meat or raw chicken legs.? I also give them
scrambled eggs mixed with raw ground beef or tuna a couple times a week for
dinner. Havent tried the mackerel but I can-I have some home.? they also get
raw veggies-they just LOVE broccoli stalks and carrots.? I probably should try
the pumpkin too.? However, much as I love to feed them the raw chicken legs, I
still cringe and hold my breath as they crunch the leg bones cause it does make
me nervous that they wont chew it good and it will get stuck in their throat
and choke them.? I know-I know-dogs been eating raw chickens for thousands of
years-but not MY babies.? but I will do it-I just figured it would give me
peace of mind if I had a grinder to grind the bones up.? ;-)

I do love feeding the raw tho-is sooooooooooooooooooooo good for them.? I have
NEVER? had one refuse the raw chicken.? In fact, I think they love that more
than anything in the whole world.

hmmmmmmmm--what we wont do for our beloved GSD's --eh??
Other than my family and my church, they are my whole life.? Only God Himself
knows how I love my dogs.? And much as I admire some other breeds-I will
FOREVER be a German Shepherd

I start my puppies on raw ground beef for their first food and then after a
couple days of that, they get my baby food soup--which is Gerber baby rice
cereal mixed with raw ground beef, egg yolk and yogurt.? I do NOT use puppy
food-they go from the baby cereal mixture right to the adult Diamond food kland
chicken etc that everyone else eats.

Cheri Hunt----Cheradon Shepherds
Home of Ch. Cheradon AchtungErynbrook Molokai, TC, OFA H&E, PA,TH,CA, Eyes
Cert. and Certificate of Health Merit Excellent from the GSDCA (aka Ch. Mikey)
Ch. Mikey http://hometown.aol.com/cheradongsd/MS_PI/111603/page1.htm