[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question for the list... LONG

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: vande001@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:36:59 EST

In a message dated 11/16/2009 1:13:09 P.M. Central Standard Time,
vande001@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Great comments so far.....my biggest point was are we getting  better hips
today than 30 years ago, even with all of our efforts to  find out?  Or, are
we still having the same number of bad  hips?
That is what I am most interested in, not the value of x-rays  per se....I
never doubt the need for that.   Cynthia

I think it will be difficult to figure that out  Cynthia.  The internet
highway was not available and long distance  plans failed to exist.  People
talked less....and we found out less.  Probably half of what we did get was
rumor or supposition.
As someone mentioned, serious breeders xrayed and  submitted.  And we found
out what we did by word of mouth.  You  could not access the OFA to get
info...you looked for the OFA H&E on  pedigree's (most made by breeders) and
hoped they were being  honest.
Simply, I think most try to do their best and I  believe they did 30 years
ago.   Hard to figure the stats when  they just were not available.

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
CKC
"We find comfort among those who  agree with us - growth among those who
don't".
..Frank A  Clark