[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question for the list... LONG

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx, vande001@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:13:06 EST

that's the point, sally - we need to xray and NOT depend upon  statistics.
in the 60's, my dad imported a beautiful sable bitch from  germany.  of
course, she came with a "hip guarantee" but,  when filmed at a year, she didn't
have bad hips, she had NO hips - sockets,  if you could call them that,
were completely flat, remodeling was unreal etc.  etc.  well, we spayed her.
she was a brilliant bitch who lived to see  her 16th birthday with absolutely
no health problems.  she spent her  whole life running, swimming and
playing with my brother and me and never  so much as limped.  no one would have
guessed that her hips were so  bad.  we had to put her down at 16 1/2 - she
had a bad stroke.
diane
Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com

In a message dated 11/16/2009 10:09:24 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dan-ann@xxxxxxxx writes:

I don't think ofa statistics are  important. I think the  fact that more
people are exraying is the important thing.

I just  lost a 11 yr old who  had one hip that was a grade 2 at 2 yrs. She
had  been showed and was a very nice mover and people wanted to buy her.
Had  I not exrayed her I would never had guessed her problem.( good ofa
background)  Until the last few months she never had a problem-  She was never
bred-  had I not exrayed she would have had several litters

Sally

_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/) _Sign up  now._
(http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/) _  =_
(http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)