[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question for the list... LONG

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:46:04 -0600

In some breeds they have no choice BUT to breed dogs with marginal hips. In
Otterhounds, HD is so prevalent that they do breed dogs who barely fail OFA...
You have to pick and choose. They have no choice - the O-Hound breeders would
be left with NOTHING to work with.

I do have a dysplastic GSD bitch and I would think seriously before I bred a
dog that was even slightly off just because slightly off can also lead to more
serious things down the line.

It all depends what you can live with as long as you use the tools and accept
the fact that it COULD and it WILL come back to haunt you.. Hopefully not in
the form of your puppy buyers ending up with a dog who is crippled..

JMHO.

Jessica MacMillan
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen:112009v2