[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question for the list... LONG

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:33:56 -0800 (PST)

I'm going to play devils advocate here.  I find this such an interesting topic,
due to the public being made so aware of this, but the post below points out
many things.

(First of all let me say that I do x-ray and totally believe in it-as a tool,
to help make informed decisions.)

Back to the wonderful post below.  This bitch brought so much to the table that
it is a shame she could not pass those traits to puppies.  Now I totally agree
not breeding her, but there are others that are taken out of breeding programs
that have good attributes (such as living to 16 1/2)!!!! great temperament etc
etc etc.   So much emphasis has been put on hips that other issues have crept
in that are more detrimental to the dogs well being than HD.  I know I'm
preaching to the choir to most, just thought it was worth mentioning and
perhaps passing on to some of the puppy buyers that are too keyed in on hip
status.  I try to educate as many people as I can via emails and phone calls,
not all just prospective buyers.  But until we get the veterinary community to
understand some of these points, it's like talking in the wind.

Anyway Diane, a great post and thanks for sharing it with us.

Chris

Chris S. (Jolley)  Kimerer
www.tanbarkgsd.com

AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch. CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu OFA H/E
Ch. Cresthers Blast V Kenlyn OFA