[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question for the list... LONG

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: vande001@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:48:00 EST

for many years, those of us on the west coast were fortunate enough to have
 ray weitkamp.  he could call it 99.9% of the time and, with ray, there was
 no hiding anything.  if he said they wouldn't pass, they didn't - so why
send them in?  so, i have to agree with cynthia on this one -  if  the
preponderance of film that OFA sees is the "good stuff", it would  definitely
skew any statistics on the breed as a whole.
diane
Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com

In a message dated 11/16/2009 9:44:46 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
vande001@xxxxxxxxx writes:

One  thing, I don't put too much stock in stats from the OFA because I do
not think  they are truly represenative of what is actually happening.  If
the stats  say that there are more certified hips today than 10 years ago,
that tells me  that more people are not wasting their time and $$ by sending in
x-rays that  won't  pass.

_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)