[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question for candidates

  • From: "Amy Safdir" <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:12:19 -0400

I would urge clubs especially with 3-4 members to have an educational/fun
day like picnic in the park where you do dog games and give out little
prizes.
Those 3-4 members could go down their lists of local puppy buyers and invite
everyone. Go to local vets and pet stores and advertise it.
Perhaps give them a free year of membership or buy one year membership get
one free. Make things fun.
Then have a chinese auction with everyone donating items. Assign a person to
go around to local feed stores pet stores and any businesses who might give
a donation of an item or a gift card.
There are so many good ideas that I am sure many regional clubs can share.

I would also like to see if possible someone try to find another dog food
company that might sponsor the clubs like Royal Canin...................even
if it's not as much $$ as royal canin gave. Lew Bunch did do an awesome job
of this.

I would also like to see the Parent Club get very active in financially
helping clubs that are hurting and in jeopardy of folding. Those clubs that
show the need and prove that they will use the financial aid to build the
club back up. There would need to be guidelines of course.

I also think that every member that can afford to at least enter one entry
at their shows to actually support their club. Novice has always been a
discounted entry fee and and a donation of an entry per show would not break
the bank and of course we understand some people are just having hard times
and cannot spend an extra dime.

Also another thing that would be great is if everyone within a decent
distance supported each others clubs with entries. After all they are in
your area and if they fold it leaves you driving great distances to find
shows. I never could grasp why clubs don't try harder to work together.
Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and think of the bigger picture. It
benefits us all to see our local clubs survive.

Anyways thats my answer and I am sure there are many other good ideas we
could come up with.

Amy Safdir (candidate) or even just a member loving the breed!     :o)

Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com