[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question for candidates

  • From: DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:32:17 EDT

I don't believe that "handing out " money will save small regional  clubs.
Ideas as to how to make money for your club is far more beneficial  for
their future.  Every club is different in its make up and all ideas do  not
apply to every club.  A guideline should be establish for the regional  clubs.
The individual club will have to chose what will work for  them.

An example would be to help the closest club to you with ring set, selling
of raffles tickets or catalog sales or enter one of your dogs as support.
Several years ago, I was at a specialty and wanted to purchase raffle
tickets.  They had no one to sell them .  I took the roll of tickets  and went
around the ring selling for them.  Another idea to help them  financially is
for the club or an individual to pledge a trophy for the smaller  club.
Years ago, my club pledged a class of trophies for the futurity when  a club in
our region was hosting it.  Maybe a club could purchase or get an  item
donated, like one of your shirts and sell raffles tickets for  it.  Some
members of my club belong to another club and help them with  running the
smaller
club. There are a lot of ideas out there.  We all need  to pool the ideas
and each club can select what they can handle.

I am fortunate, I belong to a fairly large club with a strong handful of
people that do most of the work.  We work together, overlap each other, and
just get the job done.

Mary

In a message dated 8/10/2009 7:03:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dan-ann@xxxxxxxx writes:

I would  like to see this list throw out a question to all the candidates
for this  years PC elections.
If you are elected what will you do to help the  regional clubs.

I have sat and read how the PC is going to do this  going to do that to
promote the world show. A packet is being sent to the  regional clubs with
donation suggestions- a member will be funding  raising

Well how about a little help for those small clubs who are the  heart of
this one Big Club- I know of clubs who have struggled to keep shows  going
with only 3-4 active members, clubs who can barely pay their club  insurance.
The strong regional club members don't want to give up but just may  have to
- maybe the PC should consider a donation to  them
Sally
www.embroiderybysally.org

POST  is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org