[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question about showing

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 06:51:17 -0700 (PDT)

But who said to throw out Alex and Troll I was just commenting
on all the linebreeding that was done on these  Houston and Gotti .
I thought both Alex and Troll were wonderful GSD's it is not
their fault how breeders overused them.  Still will not understand
why a few people can not see this reasoning.

Theresa

 Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] question about showing
 To: scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx, nhansburgh@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Thursday, September 12, 2013, 1:27 AM

 Well, I wonder what would have
 happened if we had thrown out Axel and Troll?
 What would our breed be like? And given the lack of genetic
 knowledge we had
 back then, who would we have bred to and what problems would
 we have
 discovered through them?

 I am not good at taking chances with my breeding's, that is
 probably why I
 am so famous for my lines (not)! So I cannot defend chance
 taking and my own
 conservative actions at the same time, but...

 Without Axel and Troll, what would we have and what would
 our breed be? It
 certainly would be entirely different.
 Dave

 What should be of concern is all the crosses back to Axel
 von der
 Deininghauser Heide known to have digestive problems coming
 up through Troll
 and Bad Melle that both Houston and Gotti had.

 Theresa

any post.