[ SHOWGSD-L ] question about showing

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 14:07:06 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 9/12/13 9:59:36 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx writes:

.....if  you want to truly "conform to the standard" you should also work
your dogs in  ScH/IPO or herding.

I would love to do that. But, I work 12 hours a day, (I cut it down from
14, because I am now too old), and work 7 days a week, except if there is a
dog  show.

Tedi breeds the dogs, and tells me what show I am going to. Now, Summer
handles the dogs.   I am barely relevant at the shows now.

When would I have time to train for the other events?  I know in
conformation all we do is socialize them, take them to class to meet others,
and
throw them in the ring. The other events take hours and hours of work.

When I retire I would do the Sch/IPO and herding work, but by then I will
be so old I won't remember what it was I was going to do, and why I wanted
to do  it.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together