[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question about health

  • From: MORGAN LEWIS <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winstone@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:43:40 -0800 (PST)

  THOUGHT THIS MIGHT ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS, MORGAN

  Canine Vaccinations by Invincible .....
  Overall, we found that 66% per cent of all sick dogs start being sick within
three months of vaccination, which is considerably more than double the
expected rate of illness. Worse, 49% of all illnesses reported in the survey
occurred within 30 days of vaccination. This is over five times the expected
percentage if vaccination had no bearing on subsequent illness. More damning
still, 29% of sick dogs first became sick within seven days of their vaccine
jab. This means that a dog is 13 times more likely to become ill within seven
days of vaccination than at any other time.   Date:   5/13/2006 3:24:18 PM ( 20
mon ago)
  Canine Vaccine Survey
by Canine Health Concern, England
It is well known that there are risks associated with vaccination of dogs, just
as there are risks for humans. The trouble is, no one has adequately quantified
the risks. Is it true that only a tiny minority of dogs suffer adverse
reactions to vaccines, or is the problem more common? And what is a vaccine
reaction? Is it something that happens immediately after the jab, or can you
expect a reaction to manifest weeks or months later?

Christopher Day, Honorary Secretary of the British Homoeopathic Veterinary
Association, told us that, in his experience, where the start date of a dog's
illness is known, a high percentage (around 80%) begin within three months of
vaccination.

Canine Health Concern tested this observation and has analyzed the histories of
over 3,800 dogs post vaccination. This critical mass, by any standards, is a
very high number from which to draw valid statistical conclusions. Most
commercial scientific research involves significantly fewer dogs (tending to
base their conclusions on data involving a couple of litters of puppies, if
that). We have been able to show a definite statistical correlation between a
vaccine event and the onset of a number of specific illnesses. Our published
conclusions have satisfied mathematical or inferential statistical tests at a
level of confidence of 99% or better.

Overall, we found that 66% per cent of all sick dogs start being sick within
three months of vaccination, which is considerably more than double the
expected rate of illness. Worse, 49% of all illnesses reported in the survey
occurred within 30 days of vaccination. This is over five times the expected
percentage if vaccination had no bearing on subsequent illness. More damning
still, 29% of sick dogs first became sick within seven days of their vaccine
jab. This means that a dog is 13 times more likely to become ill within seven
days of vaccination than at any other time.

In the study, 69.2% of allergic dogs first became allergic within three months
of being vaccinated - more than double the expected number. 55.8% of dogs with
autoimmune disease developed the condition within three months of being
vaccinated - again, more than twice the expected figure. Of dogs with colitis,
65.9% developed the complaint within three months of being vaccinated and, of
dogs with dry eye/conjunctivitis, 70.2% developed their conditions within three
months - both nearly three times higher than expected. 73.1% of dogs with
epilepsy first became epileptic within three months of vaccination. As 2% of
all dogs in the UK are epileptic, vaccines are clearly causing horrendous
damage. For statisticians, our Chi score for epilepsy is 96: any Chi test
statistic higher than twelve gives a 95% confidence about the conclusions.
Without doubt, then, the majority of epileptic dogs in our survey are vaccine
damaged.

But perhaps most astonishing is the fact that a majority of dogs (64.9%) with
behavioral problems appear to have developed their difficulties within three
months of vaccination. Similarly, 72.5% per cent of dogs with nervous or
worrying dispositions became nervous within three months of their jabs (with a
Chi score of 112), and 73.1% per cent of dogs with short attention spans lost
their attentiveness within three months of vaccination.

All of our evidence ties in with research in the human field, and a growing
body of veterinary research, which says that vaccines cause allergies,
hypersensitivity reactions, autoimmune disease, encephalitis, epilepsy,
personality changes and brain damage.

The CHC results are statistically very significant, and carry with them very
high statistical certainty. This means that the evidence is strong that the
above diseases can be triggered or caused by vaccination.

Other diseases that were highly represented within three months post
vaccination included cancer (35.1%) , chorea (81%), encephalitis (78.6%), heart
conditions (39.2%), kidney damage (53.7%), liver damage/failure (61.5%),
paralysis of the rear end (69.2%), and pancreas problems (54.2%).

Research conducted at Purdue University shows routinely vaccinated dogs
developing auto antibodies to a vast range of normal canine biochemicals -
which corroborates our findings.

Interestingly, our study showed that arthritis and Chronic Destructive Reticulo
Myelopathy (CDRM - a degenerative disease affecting myelin in the spinal cord)
occur in clusters nine months after vaccination, suggesting that the damage
from vaccines resulting in these two diseases takes longer to develop or to
show their symptoms.

Many contend that vaccines are a necessary evil; that we need them to protect
our dogs against certain deadly canine diseases. However, our survey found that
high percentages of dogs are developing the diseases we vaccinate against, soon
after vaccination.

Of dogs with hepatitis, 64% contracted it within three months of being
vaccinated and, of those with parainfluenza, 50% developed it within three
months of their shots. Also, 69% of dogs with parvovirus, 56% of dogs with
distemper, and every single dog with leptospirosis in the survey contracted the
diseases within three months of vaccination.

Our figures support the view that vaccines don't confer guaranteed immunity and
may actually cause the diseases they're designed to prevent. Our figures appear
to demonstrate that vaccines cause illness in one in every hundred dogs - and
this is a conservative estimate.

For human beings, the World Health Organization considers a reaction of one in
10,000 unacceptable. Surely the same statistics apply to dogs. Worse - and
bordering on corporate dog slaughter - is the fact that we are urged to
vaccinate companion animals every year. There is no scientific justification
for this; it is a crime.

This research is ongoing. For further details or to participate, contact Canine
Health Concern @ Box 6943, Forfar, Angus DD8 3WG, Scotland or, for email, click
on my name below.

Thank you.

Catherine O¹Driscoll: Catherine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Canine Health Concern

Margaret <winstone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi list,
I am posting this for Audrey Marsh, she has a puppy, 7mths old, that was placed
from her last litter. The pup has come up with some serious health concerns at
the moment, the pup is in the Canada West Emergency Clinic in Burnaby.
Her symptoms were, lack of appetite, jaundice lack of energy.
In Sept she had a 5 way shot including Lepto, 3 weeks ago she was on Clavamox
for a bladder infection.
She was checked by the regular vet and sent immediately to the Emergency
Clinic. She has had all blood tests, ultra sound, x-ray, no blockage, and liver
biopsy (results not back yet)
She is now on Ampicillan , the vet said she is leaking blood serum through her
veins. All blood work was normal except for highly elevated bilirubin. Kidneys
were fine.
What they were looking as possible problems were
Lepto ( have since decided against it)
immune mediated hemolytic anemia
toxins or mushrooms
She is still lethargic but trys to greet owners when they come in to visit her,
trys but can't get up.
Not getting worse but not better either. They are sending her home this
afternoon for nursing with a feeding tube in the neck.
Audrey would appreciate any info people can give, I will pass on everything
sent to me.
Thanks so much for your help.
Margaret Winstone

Morgan and His Angels