[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question about coated Grand Ch. bitch

  • From: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx
  • To: edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 15:41:35 EDT

That is as good as any DNA Test...LOL

In a message dated 8/13/2010 11:32:13 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Carolyn,

I have people that want DNA results that guarantees  AOE Ch Mechanical Bull
doesn't carry the coat gene.  He has had 5 litters  out of coated bitches,
NO coats.  <G>

Ann
www.edangsd.com

From:  cheradongsd@xxxxxxx

Hello,
I have been reading some of the list  posts on the subject of the coated
GSDs and saw that many said that the new  "Grand Ch." bitch is a coat.???
Well, I just got my Review last nite and  saw her pic there-and I guess she
does look like she could be a coat--groomed  to perfection--but still a
coat.  She is rather pretty tho.
I  personally dont have a problem with that-coats are NOT a serious
fault--just a  fault-like missing teeth-only difference is you can see the coat
and
if you  dont look for them-you cant  see the missing teeth.  Which one is
worse?  The missing teeth is worse in my opinion.  Coats as many  have said
are usually the best ones in the litter-I have had them before and  they are
usually the darkest, prettiest, most intelligent, best conformation,  best
shoulder, best structure, best attitude, best temperment, etc etc etc of
all the pups in the litter.  What is the problem here folks???
They  are great to breed because they CAN help you get more plush coats in
your  dogs-along with all their other attributes.

I also happened to notice  that on page 43 of this Review, in the ROM bitch
section, is a very pretty  dark bitch whose name is "Mariner's Diva
D'Arte", TC ROM--she has 80 ROM  pts--she is a Color Guard daughter, the
picture is
of her as  4th Senior  Bitch S.W. Futurity 2001 with Sally Hayden as
judge---and I would like for  someone to convince me that she IS NOT a COAT !!

 hmmmmmm--she sure looks like a coat to me.  And I can see she seems to
have great pigment (which we need in the breed) and a great shoulder and rear
and topline and etc etc--and OH MY!!  She sure does look like a Coat  !!
IN THE FUTURITY  no less !!
What is the problem  here?  I dont see one.
My ONLY concern with showing coated dogs  is that humans have a tendency to
"over" exaggerate things--like with some of  the really extreme rears I
have seen on some GSD for example--so if we DID  start showing coats--I am
afraid that it would become another of those "my  coat is better than your
coat"
things and pretty soon we would have coats in  the ring with hair down to
and dragging on the ground.

Personally--I  like coated GSD--I think they are beautiful.  I just might
go and buy  one.
Might help me better my own breeding.

Ok-now I will go back to  lurking before the daggers start flying my way.

Cheri Hunt
Cheradon  Shepherds   http://www.cheradonshepherds.com/index.html
Home of  Ch. Cheradon AchtungErynbrook Molokai, TC, OFA H&E, PA,TH,CA, Eyes
Cert.  and Certificate of Health Merit Excellent from the GSDCA (aka Ch.
Mikey)

===========================================================================P
OST  is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the
any
kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of

expressed in any post.

NATIONAL  BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/
POST  is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

NATIONAL  BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

Ann
www.edangsd.com
Home of AOE Sel Ex Ch Gilley,Sel Ex Ch  Maxwell,Sel Ch Kobe and Sel Ch
MmmMmm Good, #1 dam Muggles, Breeder-owner 0f  72 champions and 19 ROMs.
Proud receipient of Lloyd Brackett  Award