[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question about coated Grand Ch. bitch

  • From: edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:31:13 +0000 (UTC)

Carolyn,

I have people that want DNA results that guarantees AOE Ch Mechanical Bull
doesn't carry the coat gene.  He has had 5 litters out of coated bitches, NO
coats. <G>

Ann
www.edangsd.com

From: cheradongsd@xxxxxxx

Hello,
I have been reading some of the list posts on the subject of the coated GSDs
and saw that many said that the new "Grand Ch." bitch is a coat.???
Well, I just got my Review last nite and saw her pic there-and I guess she does
look like she could be a coat--groomed to perfection--but still a coat.  She is
rather pretty tho.
I personally dont have a problem with that-coats are NOT a serious fault--just
a fault-like missing teeth-only difference is you can see the coat and if you
dont look for them-you cant  see the missing teeth.  Which one is worse?  The
missing teeth is worse in my opinion.  Coats as many have said are usually the
best ones in the litter-I have had them before and they are usually the
darkest, prettiest, most intelligent, best conformation, best shoulder, best
structure, best attitude, best temperment, etc etc etc of all the pups in the
litter.  What is the problem here folks???
They are great to breed because they CAN help you get more plush coats in your
dogs-along with all their other attributes.

I also happened to notice that on page 43 of this Review, in the ROM bitch
section, is a very pretty dark bitch whose name is "Mariner's Diva D'Arte", TC
ROM--she has 80 ROM pts--she is a Color Guard daughter, the picture is of her
as  4th Senior Bitch S.W. Futurity 2001 with Sally Hayden as judge---and I
would like for someone to convince me that she IS NOT a COAT !!
hmmmmmm--she sure looks like a coat to me.  And I can see she seems to have
great pigment (which we need in the breed) and a great shoulder and rear and
topline and etc etc--and OH MY!!  She sure does look like a Coat !!  IN THE
FUTURITY  no less !!
What is the problem here?  I dont see one.
My ONLY concern with showing coated dogs is that humans have a tendency to
"over" exaggerate things--like with some of the really extreme rears I have
seen on some GSD for example--so if we DID start showing coats--I am afraid
that it would become another of those "my coat is better than your coat" things
and pretty soon we would have coats in the ring with hair down to and dragging
on the ground.

Personally--I like coated GSD--I think they are beautiful.  I just might go and
buy one.
Might help me better my own breeding.

Ok-now I will go back to lurking before the daggers start flying my way.

Cheri Hunt
Cheradon Shepherds   http://www.cheradonshepherds.com/index.html
Home of Ch. Cheradon AchtungErynbrook Molokai, TC, OFA H&E, PA,TH,CA, Eyes
Cert. and Certificate of Health Merit Excellent from the GSDCA (aka Ch. Mikey)

is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Ann
www.edangsd.com
Home of AOE Sel Ex Ch Gilley,Sel Ex Ch Maxwell,Sel Ch Kobe and Sel Ch MmmMmm
Good, #1 dam Muggles, Breeder-owner 0f 72 champions and 19 ROMs.
Proud receipient of Lloyd Brackett Award