[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Utter <utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 13:11:04 -0400

    I don't know if my friend spoke to anyone at CAR...but she did speak
to the Home Again people.  There is going to be an annual fee if you
want to keep your dog's chip as actively registered.  The company is no
longer affiliated with CAR, I gather, so the two things are completely
different.
    I don't chip my dogs (except I had to chip two imports), and the
only dogs in this house right now who are chipped are a visiting bitch
from Canada and my GSD, Chianti, who came with a chip inserted by her
breeder--I don't know what kind of chips they have, but neither are
registered to me so far as I know.
I am mistrustful of the whole chip idea........sorry.
     Peggy