[ SHOWGSD-L ] question

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 12:19:14 -0400

Is there anyone on this list who really knows what the hell is going on
with the CAR program and the change from Home Again to Avid chips?
    A friend of mine who has chipped all her dogs with Home Again chips
has just learned that the chip will not remain in the Home Again
registry unless she pays an annual fee...this in spite of the original
premise that registration at the time of chipping was supposed to be a
guarantee of sorts that your dog would be permanently identifiable
forever more...............from that one time payment.
       This is apparently not the case any longer.  CAR, as people tell
me, has changed to Avid chips.  So what do people do who were concerned
enough to chip their dogs with Home Again chips?  Pay and pay and pay?

       Seems that once again, somebody's making money here...and it
seems also that the "caring about your dogs" was a cry that meant
nothing...........!  Will she have to chip her dogs again, this time
with Avid chips?
    She basically only chipped the dogs for OFA purposes...and I guess
that will still work...but according to what she was told (and what is
supposed to be on the Home Again website, altho I didn't look for
myself), if your dog gets lost or stolen with a Home Again chip in him,
that chip won't help you get your dog back... because Home Again isn't
going to keep records if you don't keep paying...............
Peggy