[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: puppy worming -only if necessary

  • From: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • To: gsdramey@xxxxxxx, skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:02:46 EST

In a message dated 1/10/09 2:16:32 PM, gsdramey@xxxxxxx writes:

> 2 things here Folks -- Words of experience (best teacher) and also that
> very important one "If it's not broke, no need to FIX"! These 2 Folks are
> saying what really should be done, check it out first!

I absolutely agree with Norma, Werner and Sandra.   Why automatically expose
any of your dogs or puppies to unnecessary worming medications if you don't
have to.   You are not only wasting money but also putting a poison into your
dogs systems.   Would you all give your children worming medication
automatically, on a regular schedule just because????    I've bred GSDs since
1989 and
have yet to need to worm any dog or puppy because there were no worms present
in
the dogs or on my property.   I've always checked stool samples and there have
been no indication of worms period, therefore no worming has ever taken place
with my dogs. Granted I've been lucky.   Unless worms are present in the
bitch or other dogs on your property you WON'T have worms.   They just don't
appear out of thin air.   Just my thoughts on this subject.   We are very aware
of
over vaccination our dogs and the possibility of auto immune problems from
such over vaccinating, why not be careful with the poisons for worming that you
use on the most fragile of all, our puppies.
Best regards,
Pat

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?scf8072%26hmpgIDb%26bcdÞ;