[ SHOWGSD-L ] puppy prices

  • From: Robert Utter <utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 12:20:38 -0500

I disagree with the writer who states that a higher price means the
puppy will be better cared for.   This is not his words but the
implication is there.      I have placed dogs FREE and sold puppies for
much less to one who didn't have the resources this person mentioned.
Homes were screened of course and these dogs/puppies were probably even
BETTER cared for than others.   They each wanted the dog badly.  They
would spend money on the dog before themselves.   I've often visited in
these homes, having made real friendships and these dogs have the best
in love and physical care.   You can sell a pup to a wealthy person to
whom the money really isn't an issue and they might discard the
puppy/dog later because it doesn't meet certain criteria.    So in my
opinion, money is not the proof that a puppy/dog will be well cared for.
Anne, TN