[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: puppy mills, the news media and us

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx, karekedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:08:29 EDT

In a message dated 8/22/06 9:53:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> > Maybe we should be talking to the news media about how to find a healthy
> > puppy, and how our people are running breed rescues all over America
>
> I think Connie is absolutely on target. We HAVE to change the dynamic, or
> we're going to LOSE!!

we are trying.  next month we will have the 1st breed rescue and education
fair in this area, sponsored by a local vet hospital.  each breed - and there
are about 15 of us - will have its own booth where we will have educational
materials as well as applications to foster and adopt.  meriel and novartis are
also participating, as well as a local search and rescue team.  besides raising
money for the participating rescues, out main objective is to try and educate
the public on proper animal care, socialization and health issues. we will
have 1 radio station, 1 newspaper, the local pbs station and the local
affilates
for cbs and abc present.  it's a start.
diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Roger Caras