[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: puppy mill?

  • From: "Linda Ruhl" <hsrsh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 07:35:54 -0500

Just a quick answer on 6 litters per year. You can not assume this makes one
a puppy mill. We have 6 or more litters per year every year. We DO NOT SELL
OUR PUPS. They are all raised loved and cared for by the 4 of us. We sell
adult dogs who do not make our racing team. We have a very large kennel (
aprox 2 acres)on 80 acres of land with a 2 acre exercise yard and my German
shepherd dog runs are 40 x 60. I have 6 German shepherds and average 60 - 90
AKC Siberian Huskies and Alaskan Huskies. We race competitively and have
dogs of all ages up to 15 years old right now. We sell adult dogs all over
the world. Switzerland, Germany, Italy, France, and Canada to name some of
the countries our dogs are in. Does selling adult dogs make us a puppy mill?
We race 8-12 dogs on a team on average. We train teams up to 16 dog at a
time. We spend all day out with a teams. They exercise and are feed the best
foods and have the best care I can think of. We are successful because of
the TIME we spend with our dogs. We have the top Mid distance Siberians in
the world. Does this make us a puppy Mill? I don't think so.

L: Labor
U: Under
C: Controlled
K: Knowledge