[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: puppy is sable with white brother

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 00:52:12 -0400

It is not at all uncommon.  White in GSDs is a "masking" gene. So underneath
that white (genetically speaking) is another color.  In the case of these
pups it was obviously sable for at least one of the parents.

I'd be going after the property owner/tenant for abandonment! grrrrrrr. So
happy the woman was there to save them!

 Ginger Cleary,Rome, GA  ww.rihadin.com <http://www.rihadin.com>
The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human
hands, will ever be liable to abuse. ? James Madison
Member GSDCA
Member Sawnee Mtn Kennel Club
GA Director Responsible Dog Owners of the Eastern States.