[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: puppy death

  • From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 03:19:27 -0700 (PDT)

Its not me, someone on the list lost a 7 weerk old pup, and now is losing
another from a different litter.
Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Hi Ann,
  How old was the pup when it passed away. I have lost 2 pups to  E coil from
feeding raw to 7 week old pups. It was commercially pack food so I thought it
to be safe. Never again will I feed raw to a puppy. I feed dry dog food and
don't give supplements. Never have. I won't feed a diet that requires a ton of
supplements. I am not going to waste time investigating if the meat I'm feeding
to my dogs is range fed. I don't do it for me and I know I won't do it for my
dogs. The dry dog food seems to be work just fine. Izzy turns 14 in Oct. Jesse
is looking great a 10.5 Margo is in great shape at 8. I photographed her today
doing hurdles. I may breed her one more time before she gets any older. Maybe
not.

  Terry

Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  If You looked at the article you would see where I found the information,
from a VET. And as you know from expereince I DO feed RAW meat/bones to my
dogs. I am trying to HELP someone to dfind anwers on why a pup has died and
another may be dying. You don;t need to be so defensive.

Here are some more VET articles for you to read to update your own knowlege:

http://avmajournals.avma.org/doi/abs/10.2460/javma.228.10.1524?cookieSet=1&journalCode=javma

http://jvdi.org/cgi/reprint/5/3/372.pdf

Here is an article form a RAW feeder, acknowledging there is ALWAYS a small risk
http://www.caberfeidh.com/Safe.htm which "may" be the reason behind these pups
since this is one of the changes she did.

Edwin Hill wrote:
don't know where you got your vet's license from but salmonella rarely affects
healthy dogs...their internal system was built for RAW meat...that's why they
have fangs to rip flesh and powerful jaws to crush RAW bones...if they were
built to eat processed dry nuggets out of a bag they would have teeth like cows
and horses...I don't know why the dog in question died...but don't blame raw
meat, because that's what nature meant for our dogs to eat...and trust me I
couldn't care less what folks feed their dogs...but lets keep the facts
straight...Ed Hill

Ann Mariano
wrote: Posssible salmonellos or bacterial meningitis from the raw meat
Read this article: http://wcco.com/local/local_story_151091209.html

Ann Marie
www.geocities.com/amarigermanshepherds/Amari.html
Home of Ch Fairway's Leah v Nadelwald TC OFA
R/Best in Futurity Ch Amari's Ava Gardner TC OFA
Ch Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy CGC (Group placer)
Breeder/Owner of
Ch Amari's Bandit of Broadcreek (Multiple Group Placer)
Amari's Cinderlla von Hornberger (pointed @ 11 months)

Ann Marie
www.geocities.com/amarigermanshepherds/Amari.html
Home of Ch Fairway's Leah v Nadelwald TC OFA
R/Best in Futurity Ch Amari's Ava Gardner TC OFA
Ch Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy CGC (Group placer)
Breeder/Owner of
Ch Amari's Bandit of Broadcreek (Multiple Group Placer)
Amari's Cinderlla von Hornberger (pointed @ 11 months)

---------------------------------
FareChase.

---------------------------------

Ann Marie
  www.geocities.com/amarigermanshepherds/Amari.html
  Home of Ch Fairway's Leah v Nadelwald TC OFA
R/Best in Futurity Ch Amari's Ava Gardner TC OFA
Ch Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy CGC (Group placer)
  Breeder/Owner of
  Ch Amari's Bandit of Broadcreek (Multiple Group Placer)
  Amari's Cinderlla von Hornberger (pointed @ 11 months)

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.