[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: puppy death

  • From: Rikers123@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 21:53:15 EDT

In a message dated 7/25/2007 8:17:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ruready8336@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
OK, When  was kibble invented? Must have been waaaaayyyy before my time,as I
have fed  kibble all of my dog owning life. I wonder if the modern day dog and
his  digestive system are different from those dogs that lived  looong  ago?

TV dinners and McDonald's came to our attention around 1950/1960's,
certainly not a big influence, but convenience foods became available.
Kibble, while actually invented in the 1890's, didn't really become part of a
 dog's diet until the 1950/1960's.

Denise  Groenewald
President German Shepherd Dog Club of North Georgia
Editor,  GSDCA's Best Newsletter Award, The Guardian
SE Regional Representative for  the GSDCA
Responsible Animal Legislation Education Effort Federation
_www.greenwoodshepherds.com_ (http://www.greenwoodshepherds.com/)