[ SHOWGSD-L ] puppies dying - questions about toxins

  • From: "Gail BAUMAN" <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ShowGSDs" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:54:42 -0500

I have a couple of questions for anyone on the list who may have experience
with this or may know where I can look for information - I have googled and
come up with so much junk that it was not helpful.  I need to find out if these
plants are poisonous to dogs, and if so, what the symptoms are, and also if
anyone has any ideas about other "normal" plants that may be in someone's yard
(agricultural area) that may be toxic but a person wouldn't necessarily think
about it (got most of the "usual" suspects, including mushrooms, lily and other
bulbs eliminated from the list already) - we are talking about upper midwest
area:
-Birch Tree Bark, Roots, Leaves

-Cockle Burr Plant, Leaves

We may FINALLY be on to something here - THANKS EVERYONE!!