[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: protein question

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>, "Show GSD List" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:23:14 -0500

Well, this might just be me as I'm also an oldie; but back in those days I
don't ever
remember anything whatsoever about "down pasterns"!  However, all recovery
solutions
include the dropping of protein levels in the dog's food among other things.
I've been
given to understand, thru study, that the main culprit in this condition is
selenium deficiency.
I've also only seen it in certain bloodlines, so it may have something to do
with genes.
Of course, I'm just telling ya'll of what I've noticed.   JMHO   Norma   no