[ SHOWGSD-L ] pregnant bitch that wont eat--again.

  • From: cheradongsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 12:15:26 -0400

Hello,

I have this gorgeous black and red girl (Cheradon Erynbrook's Color My
World--aka "Cutie") that is 3 weeks pregnant to a handsome Geneva son, Mica,
?(owned by my friend & handler Maggie Marshall).? Went through this the last
time with her.? She wont eat.? This is soooooooooooo frustrating.? I fix her a
good meal--chicken, liver, whatever with dog food --and she wont eat.? I use
Diamond Lamb and Rice but all my dogs get meat-cooked and raw--and raw
veggies.? About the only thing she will eat is raw chicken and carrots--for the
past 3 days now.? She will eat a raw chicken leg.? She will eat a carrot.?
NOTHING else.? I NEVER buy canned dog food-it is junk.? But a friend told me to
try "Mighty Dog" if I ever had a problem with someone not eating--and she wont
even eat that.

She can not just exist on raw chicken and carrots--and I am worried about the
pups not getting enough of the right stuff.? Any suggestions?

She did this the last time (which was also her first litter) for several
weeks--and she did have a normal & fairly easy delivery-and very normal healthy
pups--(which are now just 1 yr old) but I still worry.

Thanks,

Cheri Hunt----Cheradon Shepherds
Home of Ch. Cheradon AchtungErynbrook Molokai, TC, OFA H&E, PA,TH,CA, Eyes
Cert. and Certificate of Health Merit Excellent from the GSDCA (aka Ch. Mikey)