[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: possible swimmer

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: fellswayshepherds@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:05:34 EST

In a message dated 2/2/2007 9:58:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Joan,  tape the front legs together up close to the elbow.  If she is
a swimmer, it will correct in days;  if not, no harm done.  just  be
sure to check the tape as she grows.    Carolyn
joanne conboy <fellswayshepherds@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Looking for some advice
on possible swimmer.

My  puppies were 1 wk old yesterday and one of the girls seems to have a
flattened chest. I just noticed it yesterday morning when I picked her   up to
clean the whelping box.

She is eating the  same as her other sister and moving the same way.  Both
weigh 2 lbs  now.  Two girls in the litter... Yeah!

I only  noticed it because I picked her up.'

Any  suggestions?

thanks,
Joanne Conboy

Pick her up and carry her over your forearm Joanne with your hand  cupping
her ribcage, parallel legs hanging on each side of your arm, as you go  about
your chores with one hand <G>.  I had a friend have one once, a  male, we
nicknamed him "Greg" (get it, swimmer?), and after a day or two being  carried
around, he was fine.  Carrying him around also took him away from  the dairy
bar,
which as fat (and lazy) as he was, was a big part of the  problem.

But seriously, letting her little legs dangle, her somewhat flattened
ribcage/chest (now) being cupped by your hand, works wonders.

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_