[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: politics and the specialty ring

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pruett@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:52:58 -0500

Don't worry, Laurie, when I made my post I started getting posts in
agreement even before I saw it on my own computer!
    What some people fail to realize is that none of these posts mean
that we don't all love the specialty shows.  What some people are tired
of, however, is the fact that they can't win with dog A...until dog A is
with a particular handler, or some other "trade off" takes place...and
when that happens, that's politics, folks.
    As Tom C said...when a dog is shown extensively and can't get even
one point and then changes handlers and starts to win big time, whether
it's at the all breeds or the specialties, there is something going on
that has nothing to do with the dogs.
    And Randy, I'm sorry if you think that all the crooks are at the all
breed shows.  They are most definitely not.  The only judge that ever
tried to influence me was a German Shepherd judge/breeder/exhibitor.
The only one.  And tried it at the all breeds and at specialties as
well.  As for the lunchtime conversations at the all breed shows, you
must be very lucky that you sat with people who even talked about
dogs...most of the time the judges I know are talking about assignments,
health, travel, anything but dogs.  Very boring.
    Laurie never said that all the specialty judges were crooks.
Percentage wise, the number is probably the same as at the all
breeds...but this is a Shepherd list, and yes, sir, a lot of the
specialty judges are as crooked as they come.  The rest are just fine.
Peggy