[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: please explain re: AKC

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <psharp212@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:28:44 -0800

I still don't see where anyone has the right to tell them where to spend
their profits!!

Paula

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:12:30 -0400
From: caggra@xxxxxxx

Someone had a great idea in private.  How about AKC splits the MicroChip
profits and use funds for educational programs.

My Regional club does do "meet the breed" booths with lots of educational
resources at events such as the huge Ohio Pet Expo.   Several thousands of
people stop by and get access to education materials, reps from our club and
get encouraged to find out more by coming to a meeting or a dog show etc.

If my Regional Club can put it's time, energy and resources into quite a bit
of education, then AKC certainly can.

Jeff

kind

MANNER