[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: pitty party discussion- first nationals?

  • From: "BlackHawkFarms LLC" <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jkeene2005@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:37:16 -0800

My first national was in 1989 after saving up all my lawn mowing money that
summer to afford a plane ticket.My momma arranged for some of her freinds
she met at the church convention to house me and carry me to the nationals
and pick me up.

 I remember it well because I was in awe and was going around and seeing
dogs I had normally seen in Reviews in person. That year Ch. Bethesda's
Tacoma of Si-Don, CD was Grand Victor and a beautiful Ch. Altana's Kriket
was GVX under Betty Radzevich.  I was walking around saying stupid things
like, "I like your dog", "He's/She's Really Pretty", "How much does he
weigh?" , "I have one at home that looks just like him.."," You got any
puppies???"

This is the second year in a row that I will miss the GSD nationals. Last
year, I was home whelping puppies by the 1rst place american Bred dog Ch.
Shadowacres & Castlehill's In Cahoots, and this year, I needed to stay close
to home with all the activity going on with my house. However, we do have
good judges this weekend coming up in Shepherds and the herding group in
Napa, CA (Sue Godek and Sunny Ambriosio)

Tonights Pity Party Dinner:
One plate of  chilli/garlic/cheese fries with hot sauce
One extra large Nestle's chocolate bar (strategically placed in the
microwave for 7 seconds to make it soft, but not sunny)
One liter of Wal-Mart Brand Grape Cola.....
One DVD of "Sex and The City the Movie"

Enjoy at will.... If you listen closely, you can hear your aeteries
clogging.  Oh by the way, let not fool you, Marshmallow spread is NOT a
condiment, it, by itself on graham crakers can be served as an entree' <g>

Mike Lynch
who didnt want to miss it this year but is home in a rainy North
Highlands,CA