[ SHOWGSD-L ] pit shots

  • From: Christiane Rudolf <crudolf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 10:49:27 -0500

I never have a litter without having at least three to four shots available.
My vet mixes the calcium into the shots, and as most of you have said, my vet
as well, I don't give one until after the first puppy is born. If you don't use
all the shots, you can keep them for up to a year. I call my vet about two
weeks before a litter is due, they have them mixed and ready to go as soon as I
can pick them up. That way I have everything ready to go and don't panic at the
last minute.

Wish my Alpacas were as predictable as my dogs when it comes to birthing and
due dates, but they just keep me hanging.  Makes for an interesting life, never
a dull moment around here.

Christiane Rudolf,
Tanglewood Farm,
German Shepherds,