[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: photos

  • From: WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxx, almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 19:38:14 EDT

Mo... you are so right, unfortunately.   There is a great deal of  lack of
respect for what we do...    i do NOT alter photos, i  will not even remove a
pole out of a photo, its something i vowed i would never  do.  i have lost
clients because they wanted me to do what the "other  photographers do" which
was
alter the photo, add more pigment, fix a  croup..   erase things.. darken,
lighten,  sorry i wont do  it...  i make about 3.00 an hour doing a show.. not
including my expenses  LOL    i send my photos to be developed by a top shelf
guy, i  dont use a Walmart or a CVS..   i cant afford to give discounts when i
have to upload the photos, proof them.    if people order at the  show, they
are getting a good deal and i cover some expenses..

i will not bill anyone, i have to get payment up front, i do not have the
time to chase people or bill them.  i have a child, numerous dogs i am  working
and going for titles with.. i cant do it!

i have only had one club presently trying to screw me over, i will never do
their show again after my years of loyalty and dedication, sorry, you dont do
that to people.    every other club has been awesome!!

i wish i knew all these great names ya'll speak of!   I know Ruth  does a
nice job too!!!  i love their herding pics..  wish i was able  to get a pic at
last years NASS but we had Rain in my Dena's  class!!!

Dawnmarie

In a message dated 7/5/2007 3:08:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
murk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Let me carry this a bit further. yes we are lucky to gave good
photographers in our next of the woods.......FOR SURE! But, there are TOO
many people that try to "abuse" those photograpers too!!!!!!!!  There  are
those that "sneak" behind them and take shots over their
shoulders.........there are those that take the Name and copyright off the
pictures and print copies.........there are those that order pictures and
tell the photographers to "bill" them (and take FOREVER to pay!) I could  go
on and on here~! I know my daughter only charges $15 for an 8x10~! That  is
NOTHING compared to what others charge..and STILL people do these  things.
She is lucky more than not to break even at a show.  Y'all  better start
doing "right" by them or the good ones will be a thing of the  past