[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: pets bred for profit

  • From: Kris Kudel <vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Emilie <windvane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, falkora@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:45:07 -0600 (CST)

=====================
From: Emilie <windvane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2006/12/15 Fri PM 03:23:31 CST
To: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, falkora@xxxxxxxx
Cc: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: pets bred for profit

I have a question? where do, the pet people get the open dogs to breed from?
We as breeders sell them to the John Q public open. If they are buying a
"pet" then they do not need open dogs and bitches.
and a limited registration is not the only answer as that does not take away
the reproductive organs. Every pup I have ever bred when sold as a PET is
sold on a non breeding registration and a spay neuter contract. In Canada I
can withhold papers if there is money owing on the dog so I do not collect
the last 25.00 until it comes with a copy of the spay neuter certificate, I
then do the transfer to the new owner. until then the dog is registered my
name. maybe over the years  a handful have slipped through, but the majority
have not been bred indescribably or for profit? anyway it is worth a try .
Emilie

Most times these "pet breeders" get there dogs from pet stores (who sell on an
open registration) and BYB.  My black Lab ( only wanted as a pet) came from a
BYB (yes I know....my bad...not enough research on the breeder), but although
he is definitely NOT show quality and and is NOT of the Labrador
standard........... he came with FULL registration, although yes he is altered.
 OMG responsible.

Kris Kudel
Kamelot
Shepherds      UPDATED http://mysite.verizon.net/krisbob1/