[ SHOWGSD-L ] people in the breed

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: stormy435@xxxxxxxxx, RChesnut70502@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 10:55:29 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 10/14/11 10:37:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
stormy435@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I  KNOW a lot of really great people, LOTS
more "great" than  nasty.  And my glass is always half full, so I'll
appreciate  the good and "delete" the bad.

I may be crazy, (shut up Paul), but the few nuts in this sport stand  out.
I find 99% of the people I know in dogs are just great. They have  some
strange activities such as showing dogs, but they are honest, kind, willing  to
help in any situation, and pull together when there is a person or  dog in
need.

It became clear at the National. As I watched the crowds and as people
streamed by the table I realized how fortunate I am to know them, and how much
they have added to my life.  I can't remember more than one or two  people
who have made it clear they can't stand me, and for those, I just feel
sorry for what they don't have to laugh about.

There are a few who want to bring down another, or to hurt someone with
unkind words or deeds. But even those people have value, and often are doing
what they are doing because of some pain they have suffered, or some slight
they  perceived. Given an opportunity, they often show another side and can
be  great.

I remember when Paula started to win with Harley Davidson, and some people
began a campaign of rumors. I told Paula it is very easy to lose, but when
you  start to win, there will always be some who want to cause you trouble.
You have  to ignore them, and respond with just the opposite attitude. In
time you can  sort out the best from the worst, and enjoy everything in the
middles.

I experienced that with Destiny, Dragon Slayer and Dakota.  They were  the
first "big dogs" we had.  Immediatly some people started to say things  that
weren't true about us and our dogs. But, that ended the more we ignored
them. And, on the other side we made so many good friends through those dogs
that the few who tried to attack us, seemed to fade away.

If you list the number of people in this game and put them on the plus side
 of the paper for those who provide you value, and put the rest on the
other  side, you will realize that the vast majority of those who enjoy dogs,
are great  and people you are fortunate to know.

Don't let the few drag you down.  Just understand them, ignore them,  and
when asked, help them.  Don't worry about who we lose, embrace those  who
stay.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together