[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: patella luxation

  • From: Birgit Rhoads <wdlnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: misshereford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 19:21:00 -0400

Did you Google the condition?
http://www.dogcustomer.com/veterinary/canine_luxating_patella.htm

It could be that the puppy has a lot of rear angulation right now,
which is normal for show puppies at that age. Is the puppy limping?
The puppy may have injured itself. Although many breed have a
predisposition towards patellar luxation, I personally have never
experienced it in any GSD's that I know. As for the calcium, I think
you are grasping at straws. Don't do surgery until you are absolutely
sure it is necessary.

Birgit Rhoads
Woodland
Hudson Oh
wdlnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.woodlandpwc.com

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.