[ SHOWGSD-L ] pano/lyme

  • From: <msmarchin@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:13:16 -0400

I'm so glad someone brought up the subject of lyme.  I have a young male right
now who is limping on his left rear leg.  He has had pano in the past in this
same leg.  Because I just got thru treating his brother for lyme I  thought
that  I better bring him to my vet for testing . He was mildly pos while his
brother was highly pos.His brother was put on doxy and  has recovered (he also
was limping and has had pano in the past) My question is do I treat him for
lyme because he  is limping or do I treat for pano and wait and see if he gets
better? My vet feels he has been exposed to lyme but this is probably pano. He
wants to wait and see if he improves with your typical pano meds.If not he will
treat for lyme.I feel that the pano could have been brought on by the lyme.I
feel that stress can be a factor in bringing on bouts of pano. What do you all
think? Thanks for any input. Sue Marchini