[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: over sized males

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:08:24 EDT

coming from someone with personal experience......hard to argue
with.....<G>
thanks Susan

Ileana

In a message dated 9/21/2010 12:01:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Erynbrook@xxxxxxx writes:
Years ago when Dylan - my big black male - was at a herding event, there
was one person who kept insisting that he was "way over the standard." At 25
7/8" he was near the top of the desired height for males, but had a  bigger
"presence."  Now 10 years later his granddaughter Posie frequently  gets
comments about being too small. We used a wicket to measure her - she is
smack-dab in the middle of the standard at 23". Her younger full brother  was
measured at the same time and is exactly 26" but looks taller  because he is a
youngster and leggy. I'm not sure it is all that easy  to "eye-ball" height.

Susan Casey
Front Range German Shepherd Rescue
Erynbrook  German  Shepherds