[ SHOWGSD-L ] over sized males

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:36:15 -0700

I agree with Sam...

Preferences -
These are those items that are not listed as a fault but are described as
desirable or to be preferred.

Faults -
There are items that are specifically indicated as a fault and are more
serious than a mere preference but not as serious as those to follow.

Serious Faults -
Serious faults are enumerated including missing teeth, other than missing
first pre-molars, which are listed after the mention that a "full dentition
is preferred" (a preference). There are a number of serious faults such as
pale washed out colors, blues and liver colors, short tails and others.

Very Serious Faults -
There are only a few very serious faults. One is a fault of temperament and
the other is any fault of movement.

Disqualifications -

The problem lies in elevating any fault or even a preference to a level that
washes out a dog who has great movement, temperament, and all the major
things because we do not like a given item that is less than the standard's
weight.

But then, what do I know. I am not even a judge!
Dave