[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: our wonderful Postal Service

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx>, <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:57:35 -0700

Those  that are still waiting for the U.S Post Office to deliver the Review
& Ballots, might appreciate my most recent experience.

Paul opines...

We have a boarding client who works for the postal service. This is what he
told me on 3rd class postage magazines, etc.

The big guys like Time and Newsweek go to 1000's and 1000's of customers so
they get priority in the 3rd class sense. Those with smaller distribution
can sit for weeks until someone decides to deliver them. Our "Review"
probably doesn't have more than 500 subscribers in the entire San Francisco
Bay Area. Priority we are not. This is one of the reasons we switched to 1st
class delivery and it has made a difference.

At least our PO delivers 6 days a week. I believe...and am sure will be
corrected if this is wrong...the Canadian PO is 4 or 5 days a week. I have
also shipped products to Canada and on more than 1 occasion...had shipped 2
cases of the same product and 1 was returned because of ingredient questions
and the other...exactly the same...delivered. Go figure.

Paul