[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: one more thing

  • From: Tindrock1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 09:32:57 EDT

Dawn, Nicole was actually "Ber Jan  Tindrock's Nicole", who I co-bred with
Jan and Bernie Kane, the kindest people  in the world.  Nicole was out of
their gorgeous GV Ciera........I was  privileged with this breeding and was
devastated when I couldn't keep Nicole and  many others after the divorce.
You did a great job with Kizzy and her  progeny and again, you did it with
passion and love.  Cheryl  Olson/Tindrock
Msg: #4 in digest
From: Tindrock1@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4  Jul 2010 09:12:52 EDT
Subject: Re: showgsd-l Digest V4 #1145
and Dawn,  if I am not mistaken, Fred Olson acquired Kiz's dam from me
(Tindrock's Nicole)  who I had bred but couldn't keep when I was  going
through
my divorce and he bred her to Sally's male.......which  resulted in your
Kizzy!  From a distance, it has given me much  pleasure to have watched
all of
the beautiful progeny she has  produced, but most of all I have seen your
love in her and her  pups!  You did a great with her!  Godspeed.   Cheryl
Olson/Tindrock
Msg: #2 in digest
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 19:00:41   -0700 (PDT)
From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Quiet  musings amid the ashes of the day....

Where did the time  go? The  years have brought extra pounds, multi colored
hair, readers  and a cane....and  through it all, she has been ever at my
side. There  is no judgment in her gaze;  her love is unconditional. She
asks
for  nothing more than the pleasure of my  company....and I need nothing
more
in life than the pleasure of hers.
With  the hubby having toddled  off to bed, and her kids quietly noshing
their evening  treats, Kiz and  I celebrated the end of another year just
the
way I wanted...  she and  I, acknowledging the passing days; she treasuring
the
sweet taste of  her  Frosty Paws...me, taking in the sight of this
magnificent dog who  has forever  changed the course of my life.
I wrote the following the  day I received her  ROM plaque from the GSDCA;
and while it was a few  years ago, it has not lost its  ability to
describe what it has meant  to share my life with her. Thank you  to Fred
Olsen for breeding  her...to Sally Ann Robbins for helping me find
her...and
always, to  Kizzy..."I'm everything I am because you loved  me"....

"....her  eyes are not as bright as they were that day at Fred's  when we
first  spied her in the pasture romping happily with her sister; her  steps
are
slower now and her girth wider than my vet would like....but the smile
she
wears tells of many years of love and devotion; both human and canine.
This
one's for you Kiz...
Still grief stricken from the loss of our  sable  beauty, Shandra, we had
motored to  Fred Olsen's Red Rock  Kennel in  Connecticut with hopes of
easing
the pain for both us and  for Krunch who had  become inconsolable since
Shandra's passing.  He  spent his days  wandering  from room to room,
sniffing her
toys and searching my face for  answers I did not have.
Arriving at  Red Rock, we were led around  to the back paddock to meet
Fred's two  sable bitch pups. I carried a photo of  Shandra with me; hoping
that
one of these little souls would ease my aching  heart. They were  totally
engrossed in "the chase game", floating around the huge  grassy  enclosure,
when
the darker of the two suddenly spied my husband  standing  there laughing
at
their antics. Instantly, she broke away  from her sister and  flew to his
side; wrapping her paw around his leg  as if to say "HERE I am!!!  I've
been
waiting for you!"....He pointed  to her and said "You'll do..."....and
within
moments, she was in our  van with her new found friend, Krunch making the
trip that would begin  our journey of the next nine years.
We named her  Kizmet....for it was  surely kismet that brought us to her.
Her arrival in our  lives changed  more than the number of dogs we
had....it
brought us to a new home  on  Cape Cod...enabled us to forge new
friendships....gave me new insight  into  the lives of these amazing
creatures and
enjoyment beyond my  wildest  imagination.
We have had quite a journey, Kiz and I. We  grieved  together at the loss
of
her  beloved Krunch...and  rejoiced with the birth  of her puppies.
Together
with Dallas, she has  given me the dog people wait a  lifetime for...and
for
that I shall be  eternally grateful. With just two  breeding's, she has
succeeded in  achieving her ROM.....this girl who got a very  late start in
the
whelping box at five years old.
Her days of puppies  are behind her  now...her life consists of quiet walks
around the cranberry bog,  rides  in the car for no reason, and ice creams
whenever the mood strikes  her.  She has more than earned it....and as I
look
at this unbelievably  beautiful  plaque, with her sitting at my feet..her
cloudy eyes  are saying once  again..."Here I am!!! I will ALWAYS wait for
you..."
I love you Kiz....you  will always have my heart."
Happy,  Happy Birthday baby girl...mema loves   you.