[ SHOWGSD-L ] old story

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 17:14:08 EDT

sheila suggested i post this to the list - we wee talking about  the
"feeling" you get about some puppy buyers:
years ago, when i had one of my don quixote litters, this woman called and
inquired about a pet pup. i had a male in the litter i wanted to place in a pet
home but this woman sounded SO stupid - kept asking the same things over and
over.  i told her the price was $500 - this was in 1986 - and she kept telling
me all she could afford was $450.   i figured the best way to finally get rid
of her was to have her come to the house and then really put her thru the
ringer on what owning  dog could cost. wellllll, when she showed up she was
with
her MOTHER - my buyer was all of 16 and the $450 was every last cent of baby
sitting money she had ever earned.  all she'd ever wanted was a good gsd.  the
mom told me that they would, of course, help their daughter with everything but
that the initial purchase was her responsibility so that it would help teach
her.  i was so impressed i gave her the pup, told her to use the money for
training and toys, and sent them home.  that baby was over 14 when he died - i
got christmas cards from him every year and it sure taught me not to jump to
conclusions!

Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
"In dog years I'm dead." - Author unknown

http://www.aol.com.</HTML>