[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: old films

  • From: BJBuie@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:38:34 EST

I have hundreds of feet of super 8 film of my dogs, Poeppings,(including
our cobred Joey Baby ROM)  Caralon, Some of Fords, others from not only
kennel visits but from shows.  We shot lots of film during the 1970s.   I have
not opened the cans since 1978, but they have always been kept in the  house,
in a main floor closet, and in the large reel cans, so anticipate they  are
in the best condition possible for film that old.  I have inteded to  try
and get them copied to DVD but have not had the time to get this done and
felt that I really should do my daughter's film first, little events like her
first and subsequent birthdays, etc. etc.

There wasn't any sound with the Super 8s so I will also need to go through
the film and identify the dogs to the best of my ability.  I'm not sure of
my time frame in getting this done.  Not much else will happen in our lives
 until we get through the July 3, 2010 wedding of my Granddaughter to her
fiancee, currently with the 55th Medical Unit in Bagdad.

Betty Johnson (formerly Zent)
Tintagel