[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: old dogs,new topic

  • From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx
  • To: windvane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:33:39 -0400

We board dogs where I work.? The "old" ones always get extra attention while
boarding.? We give?them bathes if they have an accident during the night.? ?I
have always wondered if they felt they were going to be forgotten by their
family, and never picked up.? Fortunately, this has never happened.?? On the
down side, we have had several "old" dogs pass away during their stay.? It is
always so sad but at least we know they were loved while with us.? Some of them
have been boarded with us since they were pups.?
We also do grooming.? It does amaze me what bad shape some of the "old" ones
are in.? Dirty teeth, long nails, infected ears, and matted.? Fleas, and
hotspots.?? I don't want to give them back to their owners.

Emilie - you are a good person.

B Hively