[ SHOWGSD-L ] old dogs,new topic

  • From: "Emilie" <windvane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 08:59:22 -0700

Well I just have to vent!
We took a old GSD into the boarding kennel yesterday.We have taken care of this
 girl before but haven't seen her in a couple of years. My heart was broken:-(
she was filthy dirty and full of dead coat, her  nails were long(very long).
she was weak in her hind quarters. but still had a spark in her eye.
I just finished bathing her with tea oil in the shampoo and a cream rinse
after. I took her out in the sun shine on the grooming table  and had to
support her most of the time, but blew her out and cut her nails cleaned her
ears and checked her over  a small tumor on her side and one on top of her
head, but other wise in good condition for a old dog. My point is why do some
people  just forget the old dogs?They deserve to have some dignity and respect
in their old age!
I gave Miss Daley a clean soft blanket .I'm sure I wore her out  and she will
sleep the rest of the day.
Oh and there will be no charge, as I did this with out asking the owner.

Emilie
WINDVANE KENNELS
Emilie C. Woodruff
5877 Gardi Road