[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: offending women

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: lfossland@xxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 12:21:31 EST

In a message dated 2/15/2011 10:14:03 A.M. Central Standard Time,
lfossland@xxxxxxx writes:
I  personally did not see a single one that I was really impressed with.  I
still think it would have been nice to see women in pant suits, or is  this
not allowed?

Westminster is a whole new "ball of wax",when it comes to a dress code.
Judging and exhibiting is definitely much more dressy. I've attended
Westminster  a number of times, going back as far as before  Jimmy and
Manhattan
won(I was there for that also. ) And maybe you all can remember when both Denny
 Kodner and Janet Wilcox judged,and were both  criticized for wearing nice
pants suits. Denney's was really a fancy one also,with chiffon pants.She
even  wrote an article in Dog News about it. Women handlers followed the trend
 ,since most men wore a tux or dark business suit,and dressed in suits,or
suitable  tailored dresses .I was the guest of Don Jones one year that  he
was judging,so had front box seats,and I  made sure I was   "properly
groomed" <G> Things may have become more informal in the real  world of
dogs,but
Westminster  will always be special,and an unspoken dress  code observed.
Helen Miller Fisher