[ SHOWGSD-L ] off topic~Life coming full circle

  • From: Donna <onaluzlead@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 13:30:51 -0500 (EST)

 I just wanted everyone else to feel old like I do but also know I thank you
too....Olivia was 20 years old on Friday...where has time gone???
She came down for the wkend for a visit and brought some of her friends, It's
amazing to sit and have a
relaxing chat with them and listen to her thoughts, wants, goals and
appreciation for who she is, how she
was brought up and how she now realizes all the shows, all the people, all the
competition and all the BS
made her who she is and taught her to be an individual, do what is right, and
help anyone when you can.

As  you can see I am a very proud mother but I also wanted to share this with
everyone being, most of
you have been part of her life in one way or another. We sat and watched the
awesome Video from the national and
to hear her critique herself, some dogs and thoughts on people and
situations...and say how she missed seeing
some of our passing friends...just made me sit back and tear up. You can raise
them with scruples and boundaries
and reasoning, but to know they get "it"...makes it all just seem worth every
argument, slamming door, and huffing and puffing that
we end up going through in the teen years.

So to all the newer and novice parents out there, just know, in the end...it
does make a difference and I hope you get
to sit back and listen and be proud as I am, one day, when they seem to get a
grip on it. God knows it's tough and  you go
through some time where you think where did I go wrong, why didn't I do this
and that...but it does all work out! I
have been blessed with wonderful kids and great people around us...they have
seen life on life's terms...and will be fine in whatever
they do in life.

OK aside from my hotflash...I think I need some hormones now...<VBG>ok maybe
tissues...ahahahha
Best regards,
Donna

Donna M. Calabrese