[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: off topic warning

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:06:44 -0700 (PDT)

i LOVE YOUR GRANDDAD BUT HE DID WASTE A LOT OF GOOD WINE :0)
  TERRY
David Fritsche <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The news said cooking does not kill the e-coli in it because it got into
> the
> spinach through the roots. So just don't eat it.

My Granddad had a wonderful receipt for spinach. It was guaranteed to not
make you sick.

You put it in a bowl, wash it thoroughly, drain it and then refrigerate for
four hours or more.
Remove from refrigerator in the evening before bed, and saturate it with
white wine vinegar, salt and pepper, then set it on the window sill over
night, allowing the night breezes to pass over the marinating mixture. When
morning comes, make sure no insects have drowned in the mixture. If they
have, carefully remove them and discard, so the mixture of spinach and
marinade is clean and sanitary. The final step is to push the spinach out
the window, close the window and fix bacon and eggs for breakfast.
Dave

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original