[ SHOWGSD-L ] off the wall question ..Woodpeckers?

  • From: Janbraeloch@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:46:17 EDT

I hope someone out there can answer an off the  wall question. My dogs have
been barking at knocking on my wall. I went outside  to find that a red headed
woodpecker is pounding through my cedar  shingles!!

I have thrown a rotten apple at him..his leaving  was temporary. Now I have
sprayed the side of the house with soapy water. He was  gone for 2 days and now
is knocking again.

I don't want to spray insecticide on the house  as it may asphyxiate my dogs
and me.

Does anyone have any suggestions??
Help!

And good luck to everyone at the national. I did  so want to be there but my
Mom has had a massive stroke and I don't want to be  that far away.

Thanks, everyone.

Jan
Jan  Stevenson
Braeloch Shepherds