[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ofa quote virginia/anesthesia

  • From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx
  • To: bedkar@xxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 12:23:07 -0500 (EST)

"remodeling of the femoral head and acetabulum and thickening
of the femoral neck"

Not always true.  I know of several GSDs who had subluxation checked and
nothing else.

Barb H - PA

From: Ann Mariano [mailto:brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx]
ent: Saturday, March 05, 2011 8:03 AM
o: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; sanderhaus@xxxxxxxxxxx
ubject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] ofa quote virginia/anesthesia

 know OFA "says" that a dog may not pass unless they are under anestesia,
ut I think it really may be the vet you use, and their skill in setting up
ogs.  10+ years ago, I went to my local vet who does OFA all the time, put
y girl Britta under anestesia, and hips looked like they would notpass.
ent them to her breeder, and they told me to use their vet in PA, and with
O anestesia, and positioning changes they looked like different hips, and
he passed.  Always have used him since, and have had atleast 8 or 9 dogs
FA without anestesia.  Recently even took a bitch in full blown season,
ince we had the appointment
nd she came in early.  Same vet told me OFA says not to xray during heat
ut he's done several bitches now in season, and they passed.  So we got her
rayed, and she came back OFA Good.

Ann Marie  www.amarigsd.com Home of  Ch Fairway's Leah v Nadelwald TC ROM
FA Ch Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy CGC TC OFA Ch Amari's Elizabeth Taylor
FA (Best in Show Bred-By winner) Amari's It's All in the Game (in-training
))

is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original
dministrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed in any
ost.
MANNER
Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
Home of Bedkar German Shepherds